Sunday, January 28, 2007

Have you ever written anything you are proud of?

I have written something that I was proud of. In fact, this piece of writing makes me think everyday of my life. I once was asked by a teacher to write a letter to my friends mother after he passed away. In this letter, I discussed the significance her son had played in the lives of people in the school and community. I will remember her face the day she read it and the tears the streamed down her cheeks. Her son and my friend was a person that had changed a community for the better. It brought all the people of the community together and created new bonds and friendships. In this writing I wrote about specific memories of her son and the things that he did for us. I have never met a stronger child in my life than my friend Ryan. The way in which, he battled his cancer head on and did not change his personality throughout his entire struggle. It was one of the worst things I saw a person face and yet Ryan never looked down on his condition. He took it head on and taught me some great life lessons.

The writing of this letter made me so proud because it made me realize so many things in my life that I do not appreciate and I have learned to appreciate them. Thanks to this letter, I have learned a lot about myself as a person. It really made me proud that I was able to wrtie a letter that was able to move this woman and family in such away. It made proud to be able to touch their hearts.

No comments: