A name is a something that can be very important for a person. It is what defines you and when you accomplish something major, it was people say to identify you with your good work. It sets you and your work apart from others.
My full name would be "Anthony Vincent Fanwick". My last name was handed down to me as in most American families, though my last name origins from England. I do not know anything other than that it origins from England. My first and middle name though are both "America Italian" names. Being my mother is one-hundred percent Italian she chose those two names for me.
For the most part my name tends to be very simple and most people do not have a problem pronouncing them. Sometimes little kids will call me "Aferney" which does not really bother me. It kind of entertains me when I am in a strange mood. There are some adults that do mis-pronounce my last name. It kind of boggles my mind when they do that. They call me "Fenwick" instead of "Fanwick". It doesn't really bother me. I just wonder why they pronounce the "ay" sound as an "eh" sound.
I really like my first name actually. Some people do not like their name, but I enjoy it. It is common enough, so that people do not look at you like you have ten heads when you tell them your name. It is also uncommon enough for there not to be five Anthonys in a classroom. It is right in the middle. I am also glad that it shows my Italian heritage in it.
Well thats enough on names for today!!
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment