Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Ellis Island
This morning just started off great. I had to go to Ellis Island for Discover New York. I went by myself, because this was one of the independent parts of Discover New York and everyone else had class today, except me. I woke up at 6 and i left my dorm room by 6:30. I then had to find a metro-card. I could not find one anywhere!! Finally, I got one and I hopped on the Q46 bus to Kew Gardens. From there I took the E train to Penn Station. I then had to go walk a block over and get onto the 1 train. I took the 1 train all the way to the end which is South Ferry. From there I had to walk through Battery Park to the Circle Line ferry. The line was soo long for the ferry and it was only 8. I still was able to make the first ferry at 8:30. It was then a 30 minute ferry ride to Ellis Island. When I got to the Island at 9 I got right to work and flew through the whole Island. I explored most of the rooms and got a good sense of what the immigrants went through and felt. I then looked up my families name and found it on the wall. It was actually very interesting. I then caught the 10:45 ferry back and I was able to make it back to St. John's by one. It was then time for me to go home for break. Thank Goodness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment