I'm sitting in my den tonight, just pondering about my future again. I just signed up to take the suffolk county police department test. If I get on, do I take the job. I am actually not 100% sure what I would do. I think I would take the job. It would be following in the footsteps of my father. He is a respectable man and I hope I can be half as succesful as him.
If I was to get on, I would definately finish up getting a college degree and maybe even persue my CPA. If I were to do this I would be able to work out of my house as an accountant to make some extra money. The benefits of being on the police force would be great as well. I would be able to make a decent living with full benefits. In addition, I would be able to get a pention and I would have job security.
As a police officer I would not want to just be a regular police officer I would like to go for promotions. These promotions could be things such as sergeant, liutenant, and captain. These would be job of authority, and would allow me to be more of a so called "police manager." I think this would be a great job for me.
If this does not work out though I really would love to obtain a job at Ernst and Young. This may be one of the most amazing office buildings in the world. I would love to obtain a job there. In addition, it was rated in Forbe's Magazine as one of the top 25 firms in the United States to work for. Though these two jobs are so different, they both fit different aspects of my personality well. In the end though I just hope it all works out for the best.
Sunday, March 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment