Thursday, March 8, 2007

WORK

I have had the same job for almost three years. I work at CVS/Pharmacy in Holbrook. It is a pretty good job for now. The boss there treats me very well and gives me almost all the hours that I want. I started at this CVS when I was sixteen years old. Throughout the years I have received various prmotions, but college has prohibited me from getting the two promotions that I really wanted. They are "head cashier" and "shift supervisor." The raises that I have receives are the photo raise and the phototechnician raise. I also get my yearly raises.

Since I went to college though it was pointless for them to give me those other two raises because I would not be there enough to be useful to them. As a head cashier you get change and give cashiers authorization to do refunds and things like that. As a shift supervisor you have those responsibilities as well as managing your crew. You direct them and tell them what must be done for that shift.

Anyways CVS has given me stock options so that is a pretty nice feature. I get 15% of my paycheck taken out every time I get a check. I recieve the stock at a 20% discount. I just hope my stock does well and I will be able to make some pretty good money from it.

All in all as you probably can tell I have been working this entire semester, but I am hoping to get a real job soon.

No comments: