I went back and read over the paper I wrote and after reading your comments, I have realized that my writing has a long way to go. These comments were defiantly a help to me and my writing ability and they made me go back and think about what I could have done differently to improve this paper. The paper definitely could have flowed a lot smoother and been more focused in. I do feel a little discouraged from writing since this paper though because it did not turn out the way I wanted it to turn out.
Due to these comments and my self-reflection on the paper, I feel as if I was lied to throughout high school or was I? This paper to me was one of the most difficult papers I had ever written, due to the broadness. Though it was not a bad thing, it was just a new thing that I did not know how to do. It has brought about a different style of writing to me. I have never conducted a research paper in this conduct. A typical research paper consisted of me going to the library and scanning through books and magazines for information. In this paper I incorporated interviews into my research process and I have never written a paper using interview information. I was not comfortable incorporating that kind of research material into my paper.
I do agree with Dr. Marsh’s comments on my paper. I definitely did have trouble sorting the information. I could have narrowed it down to a specific section in the NCAA handbook and my paper would have not been all over the place. In addition, this would lead to more of a flow in the paper and I would have had more of a progression. Also, the use of transition words would have benefited my paper greatly and it would have helped the flow and could have decreased the amount of “baby” sentences. The sentences could have become more sophisticated. In turn this would prove my writing and flow greatly because it would be less choppy sentences.
All in this paper has taught me a lot about myself as writer. I can use this experience to grow as a better writer when it involves research that is not just in a book. It has taught me to narrow things down and to better focus a paper.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment