Tonight I went to a New York Ranger hockey game with my roommate. We watched them play the Ottawa Senators. The Ranger blew a 2-0 lead, but we still had a lot of fun. We had crappy tickets because we got them from a friend last minute, but sitting in the 400 section at a Ranger game wound up being pretty intresting.
There was this drunk "white trash" woman next to us screaming and cursing. It was very entertaining. There was also an old man, that looked innocent, but he was screaming his head off cursing at the players and other people. I guess you should never judge a book by its cover.
Anyway I have been watching the Rangers play hockey since before I can remember, but I do remember the 1993-1994 season when they won the Stanley Cup. I would watch every game. I would actually keep a score sheet and my mom would fill it out for me at the end because I would always have to go to bed before the end of the game. The only time I was allowed to stay up to watch the games was when it was the Stanley Cup finals. That Stanley Cup finals was awesome to me. I'll always remember Brian Leetch tripping Pavel Bure and the Canucks' got a penalty shot. It was Bure vs. Mike Richter. Bure faked, but Richter made a split save on the him and it changed the hole momentum of the game. The entire series was back and forth. The Rangers were finally able to edge the Canucks in game 7 at Madison Square Gardem. It was awesome to watch it.
I hope the Rangers make the playoffs this year and that they can win another Stanley Cup, but if they are to do that they must not give up 2 goal leads anymore.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment