Thursday, February 8, 2007

Cube

The title is the name of a kid I went to high school with. My friends real name is Greg Tinari, but eveyone on the soccer team called him "Cube." Well at first they called him Cube. Greg made his varisty appearence when he was in 10th grade. Until his first varsity game when he socred a goal and two assists his name was cube. Cube then became known as god.

He started every game of his high school career. He went on to win all league and all conference in 10th grade. Teams would devise their hole game plans around stopping him. I have never seen a player fake another player out that is 20 yards away. He is very unpredictible and yet can predict everything that other players are going to do. Well, the next year Greg went on to be an all county player and helped our team finish in second place. That was the last year I played soccer with Greg.

This year Greg led his team to an undefeated regular season even though they did get upset in the first round of playoffs. Greg went on to receive, all league, all conference, all county, all long island and all state honors. Upon completion of his senior year Greg was contacted by St. Johns to play soccer here. He waivered for a long time asking me questions about the school.

Today, Greg told me that a signed his letter of intent to play st STJ. I am really excited to be watching one of my teammates play at such a high level. I can't wait for next year.

1 comment:

Rushmore said...

Glad we will have such an amazing local talent on our team. Sounds like a quality guy. Good job in helping him pick St. John's.